STAFF TRAINING PROGRAMS – 2017
Duration: 3 days + 2 days travel
Location: ALFMED – Perpignan FRANCE
ALFMED has been actively involved in International Mobility Projects and has organized numerous Staff Training Programs. Such a program allows the participants to spend a few days in Perpignan, participate in various professional workshops and cultural visits. The Staff Training targets an adult education staff who is involved in Mobility projects.
Through the Staff Training Program our main aim is to show participants and potential partners how our organisation works and the way we host ER+ students.
Our objectives cover 3 main areas :
- ALFMED know-how
- Present our organisation and the way we host ER+ students
- Logistic conditions that we provide for students (pick-up, accommodation, 24h-assistance)
- The way we prepare students for their internships
- The way we find the perfect company-match for each intern
- Cultural aspect
- Visit Perpignan and its surroundings
- Present local sectors
- Organize meetings with company mentors
- VET system in an international context
- Compare the French system with the participants’ national context
Currently we are offering a 3-day long Staff Training program (+ 2 days travelling) in the sectors of gastronomy, hotel industry, tourism, business administration, education and agriculture.
Furthermore we offer 4-day long (+ 2 days travelling) specific programs for groups of 6 to 25 teachers in the sectors of cook – pastry – bakery (including Master Classes and Job Shadowing) as well as in the field of organic agriculture.
This year ALFMED has been the home of two Staff Training Programs which created new, as well as strengthened existing collaborations with our partners.
- On 16-20 October we welcomed a German delegation of 7 teachers from Berlin who visited potential internship placements in the field of specialized educators (kindergarten, bilingual school visits).
- On 29 October – 3 November we welcomed 9 teachers from Hamburg and 1 teacher from Szentendre, Hungary who visited potential internship placements in the fields of gastronomy, tourism and radiology.
These programs allowed us to present a professional environment for future mobility, introduce our local economy and specific sectors of activities and to offer a broader understanding of EU Mobility in general.