ERASMUS+ and Mobility KA1: what we provide
As a training hosting organization, we provide all inclusive service from the preparation in the country of origin until the final report:
- French courses and professional interview to be fully integrated in our service/budget
- numerous placements in a large scope of activity sectors in Perpignan region (500 hosting companies)
- internship tutoring, language and learning outcomes assessment
- training certification: training agreement, company certificate, Europass mobility
- MoU and ECVET evaluation
- accommodation in centre town, several options
- transfer in and out
- local transport
- socio-cultural activities
- 24h/7d full assistance
ERASMUS+: THE WAY WE DO IT
The key phase of the work based learning: Matching phase
- Professional objectives identification thanks to a specific Questionnaire on Google form (we have specific ones cooks and nurses)
- French test online thanks to our specific ALFMED language test
- Expectations and motivation assessment thanks to a Skype interview to ease the matching process
- Discussion with ALFMED network of Mentors (500 hosting companies) to validate and confirm participant’s placement
Day of arrival: welcoming
The staff of ALFMED takes care of the welcoming of the students at the railway station or Perpignan airport and they bring you directly to the accommodation. Local transfer from other airports (Gerona & Barcelona – Toulouse & Carcassonne) are offered upon request.
All the transfers and the welcoming are provided by the staff of the Academy.
After installation in the accommodation the student receives a file «the arrival pack». It contains all the necessary documents for the stay:
- Timetable of the first week
- the activities program of that week in Perpignan
- the map of the area around ALFMED
- rules to be respected, internet access and the keys of the residence
- practical information and maps of the region
- All social activities conducted by ALFMED as well as the selection of the city cultural events are displayed on ALFMED Facebook
- ALFMED students use Instagram #ALFMED4U to share photos
The first day at the Academy: Tutoring appointment + Workshop CV
** TUTORING APPOINTMENT with the Erasmus+ representative:
Concerning the accommodation:
- to check if everything is correct in the accommodation
- conditions and rules to be respected
- signing the documents
- payement of a 50 euro deposit for the keys
Concerning the internship:
- tasks of the internship
- description of the company
- information of the Mentor
- how to reach the company
** CV Workshop in French
Student preparation for the first appointment with the company. Essential points for the oral presentation are performed with our placement Tutor over a 2h workshop. At the end, students do a ‘mock interview’ with ALFMED staff.
- personal information
- language skills
- educational and professional background …
- motivation and expectations
- Tips related to French culture and intercultural communication
Once a month, we organise a SKILLS#Eu workshop among Erasmus+ students so they can experience and practice multicultural communication, a cool ice-breaking experience !
The second day at the Academy: Internship appointment and city tour
** INTERNSHIP APPOINTMENT: ALFMED staff brings the trainee to the Hosting Company for the internship interview with the Mentor
The interview allows a valuable informative contact with the company Mentor:
- presentation of the trainee
- definition of the working conditions : tasks and mutual expectations
- timetables and schedules
- dress code for the internship
- short visit of the company
VISIT OF PERPIGNAN with the cultural coordinator: Short tour through the city and the attractions of the cultural life of the city.
Along the Internship : follow-up and tutoring of the participants
The staff of ALFMED provides an emergency number 24/7 for the participants.
Internship follow-up is conducted every week through emails or direct contact (easy as the residences are all 5 mn away from the academy). In case of a problem with the Mentor, the staff knows how to react very rapidly and find solutions.
For long programs (over 4 weeks), a transcript of records and a French evaluation is done at ALFMED.
Ensuring the correct validation procedures so as to allow recognition of the competences acquired by the participants: Trainee transcript of records, Hosting Company certificate, Europass Mobility, French language certificate according to the European framework for languages etc.
- French language evaluation done over the last day of the program by our staff
- (ECVET) evaluation Certificate is provided by the company mentor and checked by our staff
- quality feedback in regards with the promoter goals
- dissemination and transfer of results
3 persons are fully dedicated to Mobility Projects, Florence Delseny Sobra, the Managing Director