French Academic Semester Program
French Academic term program
This programme is designed for young aupairs, students, and people who wish to have intensive training in order to improve their French, and feel confident in the language.
- We kindly ask you to complete our online test when you sign up in order to establish your level and thereby selecting the correct group for you
- We use action oriented methods with various visual and audio inputs to help you acquire oral fluency.
- Unlimited access for 3 months to our platform; this allows you to practice using your tablet, your computer or your phone at any time. This interface offers 16 languages to help your French language development. There are various fun activities and modules designed for praticing both written and oral articulation.
- You will receive training from your teacher on how to use this platform weekly, followed up with personnalised training to assist your French language development and personalised exercises by your teacher to help you improve.
Winter term from 09/09/2019 to 10/01/2020
Spring term from 06/01/2020 to 04/05/2020
Summer term from 08/06/2020 to 18/09/2020
|Terms 2019/2020||4 week intensive French course(=60h) from monday to friday from 9.00 to 12.00||10 week extensive French course (=40h) every tuesday and thursday from 1pm to 3pm||Number of weeks||Exam date for the TCF|
|Spring||from 06/01/2020 to 31/01/2020||from 04/02/2020 to 30/04/2020||15||04/05/2020|
|Summer||from 08/06/2020 to 03/07/2020||from 07/07/2020 to 15/09/2020||15||18/09/2020|
|Winter||from 09/09/2019 to 04/10/2020||from 08/10/2019 to 09/01/2020||14||10/01/2020|
Upon your arrival you will be given a welcome folder comprising :
- your timetable
- Useful information about Perpignan and the region
- Your unlimited WIFI access for the premises
- Your ALFMED student card to receive discounts (e.g museums, transports)
The first day you will have an individual oral interview with the trainer. You will have free access to the kitchen (free tea or coffee) and the alfmed garden
Throughout the term, you will receive facebook and instagram information about all the events which take place at ALFMED and around the region.
Your cultural immersion
5 cultural excursions with your class, into the town of Perpignan and its surroundings. This is a great way to exchange ideas, to practice and develop your French abilities!
2 cinema club workshops
Welcome drinks at the beginning of the term and graduation ceremony at the end of the term.
Your linguistic evaluation
We will prepare you for the TCF TP diploma at ALFMED issued by the CIEP Paris, conforming to the CEFRL (Common European Framework for language) which is recognized worldwide.
Valid diploma for registration to French Universities to show your level issued by Alfmed according to CEFRL.
In our programme we include 4 hours of mock preparation and a 4 hour long exam which takes place on our premises.
We suggest accomodation within ALFMED’s residences (accomodation CHARGES apply)
We can help you with your visa application and provide you with a proof of registration when registering with us.
Total cost of spring term = 1150€
Total cost for winter and spring term = 2300€
Total cost for summer term = 1050€
Total cost winter term = 1150€
Each term is payable in full. Register at ALFMED or by phone with Nadia Ackermann.
The TCF exam is included in the price.
School holidays :
1 week in October (from October 28th to November 4th) (All saints Day)
3 weeks in December (from December 20th to January 5th) (Christmas)
1 week in February (from February 10th to February 14th)
2 weeks in April (from April 13th to April 24th) (easter)
|Student card is issued upon arrival. The training certificate attesting the French level is issued at the end of the course.|