Friday, November 17, 2017 from 9am to 12pm, the ALFMED team animated a SKILLS#EU event at Lycée Christian BOURQUIN.
About 100 people gathered in Argelès-sur-Mer to attend this workshop : a selection of students and teachers from Lycée BOURQUIN and 3 other VET schools of the Eastern Pyrenees (Lycée Rosa LUXEMBURG of Canet-en-Roussillon, Lycée Aristide MAILLOL of Perpignan and Lycée Alfred SAUVY of Villelongue-dels-Monts).
The morning of November 17 began with the sharing of experience of some 20 ERASMUS + students from the Netherlands, Hungary, Italy, Germany, Denmark and the United Kingdom. Welcomed by ALFMED, they were all doing mobility internships in Perpignan.
After a presentation of the first 2 learning modules of the SKILLS#EU project :
- Challenges and Opportunities as European citizen
- Decision-making in democracies and in the EU
The participants were briefly introduced to Hofstede’s cultural dimensions theory, before taking part in an intercultural communication workshop.
Its goal ? Understanding cultural stereotypes better to facilitate ERASMUS+ mobilities.
- Debates were based on passages from the movie L’Auberge espagnole (The Spanish Apartment)
- The participants then played a game called Profile cards. Designed by ALFMED and our partners, we use it with our ERASMUS+ students during their preparation time.
- In this role play, each card includes the name of a country, a job and describes a specific cultural behavior. In pairs, the participants have to interview each other to guess where their partner comes from, what his/her job is and what’s special about his/her behavior.